- 2 oz Aged Rum
- 1½ oz cooled Espresso (or strong Coffee)
- ¾ oz Orgeat*
- ¼ oz Averna Amaro
- 1 Egg (or Pasteurized Liquid Egg)
- Add all ingredients, with ice, to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with grated Nutmeg.
- *See our Orgeat recipe/video or use store-bought Orgeat syrup.
Here is a fun and delightful cocktail. Based on the Coffee Flip, this coffee cocktail pays homage to the classic Mai Tai with its use of rum and orgeat. Orgeat (the almond-based sweet syrup used in the Mai Tai) takes the place of the sugar in the Coffee Flip and adds a fun tiki-styled sweetness to this rich and flavorful cocktail. This is a coffee cocktail, so sweeten it with the orgeat as you would sweeten your coffee with sugar. This is a great drink for brunch or to enjoy as the perfect nightcap. Be certain to check out our other coffee cocktails and other Flips, such as the Coffee Flip, Applejacks Flip, Cinnamon Roll Flip, and our crazy Beer Flip. Enjoy!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Java Tai, Add to favorites