Sparkling Fruit Slush2013-10-12
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 23 oz unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 1 (12 oz.) can Orange Juice concentrate
- 2 Oranges peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 Bananas (1 mashed & 2 chopped into 1” pieces)
- 2 cups pitted Cherries
- 2 cups Pineapple cubes (about 1” square)
- 2 cups Strawberries cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1 cup Blueberries
- (You may substitute or add cranberries, mango, peach, or pear pieces.)
- Champagne or Ginger Ale
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir until dissolved and mixed. Freeze in large Tupperware containers. Remove from Freezer 15-20 minutes prior to serving. Scoop to fill a tall Tumbler. Fill with Champagne or Ginger Ale and serve with a spoon or spoon-straw.
This decades-old recipe requires the help of Mom. One of Jeff’s favorite drinks as a kid (using ginger ale), has been transformed into a refreshing and delightful cocktail utilizing Champagne. It is the perfect drink for that hot summer day. Make it ahead of time and all that is required is to grab a scoop of it from the freezer, top with some bubbly, and sit back and enjoy.