- 2 oz Blended Scotch Whisky
- ¼ oz Islay Scotch Whisky
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz Honey Ginger Syrup* -or-
- ¾ tbsp honey and two ½ squares of peeled fresh ginger, muddled)**
- Add the blended whisky, lemon juice, and syrup, with ice, to a Cocktail Shaker. Shake to chill and strain into an Old-Fashioned glass, over a fresh ice cube, and top with the Islay Whisky. Garnish with a lemon twist or a slice of candied ginger.
- *See our Honey Ginger Syrup recipe.
- **Stir the honey with the blended whisky and lemon juice, until dissolved (about 20 seconds). Add the ginger and muddle firmly. Add ice, shake to chill, and strain over fresh ice into a rocks glass. Top with the Islay Whisky.
The Penicillin was created by Sam Ross at New York’s Milk & Honey Speakeasy. Now this won’t cure any bacterial infections, that we know of, but it will certainly cure most anything else that ails you! It is complex and interesting with a delightful sharp and smoky flavor that makes for the perfect sipping cocktail – if you like it smoky… The peaty Islay whisky provides the smokiness while the ginger adds the sharp spice which is perfectly tamed by the subtle sweetness of the honey. Enjoy this amazing cocktail: no prescription required!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Penicillin, Add to favorites