Muscovado Old Fashioned2015-02-17
- 2 oz. Bourbon or Rye
- ¼ oz. Muscovado Simple Syrup*
- 8 dashes Bittercube Trinity Bitters**
- Add all ingredients, with ice, to a mixing glass. Stir to chill and strain into a Rocks Glass over a fresh ice cube. Twist the skin of an orange to express the oil, discarding the rind.
- *See our Muscovado Simple Syrup recipe/video.
- **Or use 1 dash Angostura Bitters and 1 dash Orange Bitters.
We had this delightful cocktail (created by the guys at Bittercube) during Milwaukee Cocktail Week this past year. Rich, sophisticated, and flavorful, it features Muscovado Simple Syrup, a molasses-heavy syrup with light floral and bittersweet tones alongside notes of dried fruit, smoke, and toffee. We prefer a higher proof bourbon here as it pairs well with the richness of the syrup. This old fashioned is then brought together with Bittercube’s Trinity Bitters (a “holy” mixture of their Cherry Bark, Orange, and Bolivar Bitters). Check out the other cocktails we make utilizing the Muscovado Simple Syrup. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Muscovado Old Fashioned, Add to favorites