Millionaire’s Irish Coffee2014-04-13
- 1½ oz Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve Whiskey
- ½ oz liquid Sugar in the Raw (or 1 to 1½ Sugar cubes)
- 4 oz Fresh Brewed Civet Poop (Kopi Luwak) Coffee
- 1 oz Hilhof Dairy Heavy Cream
- Pour the Whiskey, Sugar, and Coffee into a small Wine Glass or an Irish Coffee mug. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Whip the cream until it has doubled in volume and float atop the coffee.*
- Garnish with ground Nutmeg or Cinnamon.
- *See our video for tips on whipping the cream into a thickened, yet pourable state.
This top-drawer version of the classic Irish Coffee, will make you feel like a million bucks (or at least make you wish you had a million bucks to spend on these crazy ingredients)! The key is a premium Irish whiskey and a well balanced pot of civet-pooped coffee. Yes! You heard it right. Get yourself some of those coffee bean gems (Kopi Luwak) that have been eaten and then pooped out by this weasel-like critter native to Asia. Apparently, the “processing” of the coffee beans passing through the little mammal’s digestive tract helps enhance the flavor of the coffee by mitigating the bean’s acidity. Let’s just say I’d rather be drinking it than sifting poop on the forest floor to find it! Mix yourself up a glass of this rich and incredibly complex cocktail. You’ll turn your nose up, not because it smells like poop, but with the superiority that comes with drinking these delicious and rare ingredients. Enjoy!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Millionaire's Irish Coffee, Add to favorites