Kentucky Gingerbread Man2013-08-11
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey (~100 proof)
- ¾ oz Gingerbread Syrup*
- ¾ oz Club Soda
- 1 dash Fee Bro. Old Fashioned (or Whiskey Barrel Aged) Bitters
- Pour the club soda into an Old Fashioned Glass. Stir the whiskey, gingerbread syrup, and bitters, with ice, in a Mixing Glass. Strain over the club soda.
- Garnish with an Orange Twist.
- * See our Gingerbread Syrup recipe/video
Passed out at the levee is our good old “gingerbread” boy – propped up on his Chevy and surrounded by empty bottles of whiskey and rye. You’d be resting – and need a drink too – if you spent all day running from people trying to eat you!
“As tasty as I appear to be, I can not let you catch and eat me.
I ran away from an old woman,
I ran away from an old man,
I ran away from a cow,
I ran away from a horse,
I ran away from a chicken, and
I can run away from you! I can!”
But when he meets Mr. Fox and is offered a whiskey, well, let’s just say he was no longer a man but becomes part of this refreshing cocktail.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Kentucky Gingerbread Man, Add to favorites