Calamintha Old Fashioned2015-07-11
- 2 oz. Rye (or Bourbon)
- ¼ oz. Calamintha Simple Syrup* **
- 2 dashes Bittercube Trinity (or Orange) Bitters
- Add all ingredients, with ice, to a mixing glass. Stir to chill and strain into a Rocks Glass. Twist an orange skin over the drink to express the orange oil, discarding the rind.
- *See our Calamintha Simple Syrup recipe/video.
- **No Calamintha? Substitute our Oregano-Mint Simple Syrup.
Calamintha is a hardy herb native to Italy where it is both cultivated and grows wild. It is used, there, to flavor meat dishes and savory sauces and marinades. Here we use it to flavor the syrup we will use in our Calamintha Old Fashioned. The rich complexity and spiciness of the rye or bourbon pairs perfectly with the minty/oregano/peppercorn notes in the syrup. Learn how to make Calamintha Simple Syrup and check out the other Calamintha Cocktails we have made thus far. If you have difficulty getting your hands on some Calamintha, substitute our Oregano-Mint Simple Syrup. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Calamintha Old Fashioned, Add to favorites