- 2 oz Bourbon (90-95 proof)
- ½ oz Rock Candy (or Rich Simple) Syrup
- ½ tsp Acid Phosphate solution
- 1 dash Fee Bros. Old Fashioned Bitters
- 1½ oz Chilled Club Soda
- Pour club soda into a Saucer Glass. Stir the bourbon, rock candy (or rich simple) syrup, acid phosphate and bitters with ice in a mixing glass and strain over the top of the club soda.
Do you always feel like you’re being asked to take sides? A completely rhetorical question of course, but, for example: “So what do you think? Chinese? Thai? (No, too spicy) Greek? Mexican? Pizza? (Thin or Thick?).” And before you know it, your photo lab bursts into flames because some Carpathian spirit trapped in a painting wants out! Am I right? Or am I wrong? Actually, that was a real question…..Oh! sorry. There I go again asking you to take sides… Well, with this drink you don’t have to take sides because the sour is neutral! The acid phosphate (as the sour) provides a neutral sourness with no silly citrus debate about “lemon” or “lime.”