- 2½ oz unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 1½ oz Coconut Rum
- ½ oz Aloe Vera Gel*
- ¼ oz Luxardo Marischino Liqueur
- 6 leafs Basil
- 4 drops Bittermen’s Elemakule (or 1 dash Orange) Bitters
- Vigorously muddle two 1"x2” pieces of peeled aloe vera leaf and strain through a fine mesh sieve to obtain the gel. Add the gel, pineapple juice, coconut rum, Luxardo maraschino liqueur, basil leafs and bitters to a Cocktail Shaker. Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled Collin's Glass.
- Garnish with a Basil Sprig or Aloe Vera leaf tip.
- *Watch our video to see how we express the Aloe Vera gel from the leaf.
After a sip of this cocktail you might get the urge to don a grass skirt and sway to the melodic twangs of an enchanting ukulele. Gel from the Aloe Vera leaf adds a mild, yet distinctive, bitter component to this drink, melding nicely with the sweet pineapple and tropical coconut. If you spend too much time dancing in the sun you might need to consider topical administration of the Aloe Vera to sooth your sun-burned skin. Otherwise enjoy it in this fun and fresh cocktail or try its cousins: the Aloe Vera Margarita, the Aloe Americano, and the Aloe Vera Cosmo. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Aloe-Ha Martini, Add to favorites