Root Beer Syrup2013-10-20
- 6 cups Water
- 3 oz (~2½ cups) Sassafras Root Bark
- 1 oz Burdock Root
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 1 Clove
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 drops Wintergreen Extract
- 6 cups Granulated Sugar
- Chop the Sassafras and Burdock roots into small (½” or smaller) pieces. Put the roots into a medium sized sauce pot. Add the clove, star anise, coriander seeds, and water. Cover pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the molasses and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the wintergreen extract and replace the lid. Allow to cool.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Root Beer Syrup, Add to favorites