Pumpkin Old Fashioned2014-11-10
- 2 oz Bourbon
- ¾ oz Maple Syrup
- ½ oz Allspice (Pimento) Dram*
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Purée**
- 3 drops Bittercube Blackstrap Bitters (optional)
- Add all ingredients, with ice, to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a coupe glass. Top with grated cinnamon.
- *See our Allspice Dram recipe/video or use commercially available brands like St. Elizabeth’s or Bitter Truth.
- **See our Pumpkin Purée recipe/video or use canned purée.
This Old Fashioned has a deep rich pumpkin flavor and is a delightful cocktail for Fall. Some might question whether this is an “improvement” on the classic old fashioned, but make it for yourself and you be the judge. We use maple syrup as the sweetener and a hint of bitters to give an added layer of complexity without overshadowing the pumpkin. You’ll need to shake this cocktail in order to break-up the purée, and we choose to serve it in a coupe glass because it pours out murky. If you like the bold pumpkin flavor in this cocktail, check out our Jack-o-Lantern or Pieter’s Pumpkin recipes. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Pumpkin Old Fashioned, Add to favorites