- 1½ oz Rum (Demerara or Aged)
- ½ oz Maple Syrup
- ¼ oz Allspice (Pimento) Dram*
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Purée**
- 1 Egg (or pasteurized liquid egg)
- 4 drops Bittercube Blackstrap Bitters (optional)
- Add all ingredients, with ice, to a cocktail shaker. Strain into a Coupe Glass and top with grated nutmeg.
- *See our Allspice Dram recipe/video or use commercially available brands like St. Elizabeth’s or Bitter Truth.
- **See our pumpkin purée recipe/video or use canned purée.
You will flip for this flip (and maybe even do some summersaults or try a few cartwheels.) Flips utilize a whole egg to produce the rich “creaminess” normally associated with dairy. We love the caramel/molasses/oily notes provided by the Demerara rum which adds so much complexity and depth to this cocktail. If you like this concoction, be sure to try our cream-based Pumpkin Pie Martini and Pumpkin Alexander. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Pumpkin Flip, Add to favorites