- 1½ oz. aged Rum
- 1½ oz. gold Rum
- 1 oz. 151-proof Demerara Rum
- ½ oz. Falernum
- ¾ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Syrup*
- 1 teaspoon Grenadine
- Splash Absinthe
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a blender along with 3 ice cubes. Blend for 5 seconds and pour into a tall, ice-filled, glass. Garnish with mint and cocktail cherries and serve with a straw.
- *See our Cinnamon Syrup recipe/video.
This potent tiki drink was created by Donn Beach in 1934. Always secretive about his recipes, the exact ingredients of this flavor-bomb were discovered/deciphered by Jeff Berry, whose cocktail books we gleaned this recipe from. Apparently, a hung-over business man, in need of a pick-me-up before a meeting, requested Donn’s help. Being proffered this cocktail and sent on his way, he reported back that he “felt like the living dead,” and that “it made a zombie out of me!” Whether or not that story is true, is open to debate. What is fact, however, is that this cocktail can indeed make a zombie out of you! If you like it, be certain to check out our aged Barrel-Aged and Leathered versions of this classic. Cheers!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Zombie, Add to favorites